It's recommended to fill out your details in on the Configuration page prior to using the Application. To reset the configuration to its prior value rather than saving it, click the red revert button in this tab instead.
To ensure that the configuration is fully applied it is recommended that all KoalaBrain clients be restarted after any changes are made. The configuration may be cached on client machines for up to 60 seconds.
Below is an explanation of the fields on each configuration tab:
Business Address/Countryfields will all appear on invoices and receipts for both sales and purchases.
Invoice Headercan be used to add additional text to the beginning of invoices and receipts, underneath the already included above fields
Invoice Footercan be used to append additional text to invoices and receipts for both sales and purchases.
Additional Purchase Invoice Footercan be used to append additional text to purchase invoices only.
- To enable KoalaBrain Online functionality in the application, click on 'Authorise KoalaBrain Online' and enter your KoalaBrain Online username and password.
- Once Authorised, be sure to save the configuration using the 'Save' button at the top of the screen to save the authorisation
- Once Authorised, a button will appear to deauthorize and clear your authorisation token, disconnecting the terminal from KoalaBrain Online. You must also save after doing this.
- Optionally enable email alerts to allow sending emailed invoices
- Optionally enable automatic prompting for an online eReceipt when a sale is completed
Tax IDfield is displayed on receipts and invoices (for displaying your businesses ABN or VAT number equivelant)
Currencyfield must be set to prevent alerts elsewhere in the application warning that it is not set. Currency dictates the currency symbol used, and the number of decimal places used for amounts.
Show tax/discount summary on invoices instead of per-itemis enabled in the Configuration Screen, tax and discount rows will not display per-item, but be summarized at the end of the invoice or receipt.
- Reporting only taxes will be omitted from the summary
- Item rows will display the item total with any taxes/discounts included, rather than breaking them down
- Set the counts or durations before stock and order alerts are displayed. Alerts are displayed at the top of the application window, near where the username appears.
- Disable automatic printing after Sale or Purchase completion
- Configure barcode reading
- Enable barcode reading through an attached webcam, and select which device to use for barcode capture
- Set the barcode capture frequency - the higher this is, the more processor intensive the application will be.
- Configure an optional delay after each read to prevent mis-scans.
- Select the barcode formats which the camera will be looking for (if none is selected, CODE_39 will be watched for by default)
- Optionally Mandatory Fields
- Sounds like a misnomer, but isn't
- Allows you to set the application to require certain fields be filled when creating or editing an item, which are usually not enforced
- For example, by default, a Purchase doesn't need to have an assigned Contact. When 'Purchase' is checked under 'Make Contact mandatory for the following items', a sale cannot be saved unless the Contact field is populated
- The following exceptions exist to the enabling of an Optionally Mandatory Field
- Transfers created from a Payment
- Payments created from a Sale
- Expenses created from a Purchase
- Sales created via the Touch Sale screen
- Stock Adjustments created from a refund
- Expenses or payments created via a reversal
- Fields made mandatory only affect the forms in the KoalaBrain desktop client and are only there to enforce user behavior. Items created programmatically or via the API will not have these rules enforced.
- Set the path/folder which backups will be saved to. If no path is set, the default directory KoalaBrainBackups in your home directory will be used
- SALE/TOUCH SALE
Restrict touch sale to predefined products only, when enabled, will only allow
Touch Saleto create sales using existing products, and will hide manual product entry
Default product namewill set the default product name when entering a sale when
Predefined products onlyis disabled in
Touch Sale, and in the
Product Namefield in
Prefix default product name with category nameto automatically add the
Category Name(if applicable) to the default
Product Namewherever it populates
Force selection of category in touch sale if not adding a predefined productwill do just as it says
Touch Sale Default product categorywill lock navigation in the
Touch Salescreen to this category. It will not be possible to navigate outside of this category, though selection of its child products and categories will be allowed.
- Any items entered into
Touch Salewill be created in this category if no other category is selected
- Any items entered into
Default product nameand
Prefix default product name with category namebehave the same as outlined for sales directly above
- Displays the information for the current license in use on your system
- License info will only display on the terminal the license is applied to - not any clients attached to it
- If you are a logged in as a user with all permissions, you will have the option to prompt for a new license the next time the application starts. This can be used to re-enter a license or enter a new license prior to the current license expiring.