- Download and run the latest KoalaBrain installation file. The program will install for the current user and then launch itself.
- If Windows SmartScreen prevents the installer from running, click 'More Info', then click 'Run Anyway'. This issue usually occurs when SmartScreen doesn't recognise the latest version of the KoalaBrain installer and is usually resolved a few days after release when the installer has been recognised as safe by SmartScreen.
- On a fresh install, the Environment Setup screen will be displayed. If you're setting up on a single system or setting up the first system that others will connect to, click 'Continue'. To view advanced options or connect the terminal to another, click 'Advanced'. If connecting as a client to an existing installation on another computer, see Connecting Clients below.
- Click 'Submit and Restart' to continue. You will then be prompted to initialise the database - click 'Update and Restart' to begin the Database update procedure. This may take a couple of minutes and should not be interrupted.
- Once the database tasks are complete, the license screen will display. You must enter a valid license, available from online.koalabrain.com to continue to launch the application
- If you are prompted to allow KoalaBrain access through your firewall, allow it.
- Once the application proper has launched, you will need to set the password for the defaultadmin use by clicking on the banner at the top of the screen. Once this is done, you can log in and continue setting up your EPOS system.
- If you are adding a terminal to an existing EPOS system, you must set
Enable Local Backend to No and fill out the
Backend Address to point to the IP address and port of the computer the existing copy of KoalaBrain is running on. If your network supports it, it is possible to click 'Auto Detect' and automatically fill in the IP address of the first found running KoalaBrain backend.