Upgrading Previous Installations
- Close all running instances of KoalaBrain
- We recommend backing up your KoalaBrain data folder before running any updates. The easiest way to do this is to create a ZIP archive of the KoalaBrain folder in your home directory, rename it to today's date and copy it to a USB stick.
- Be sure not to move or remove the existing KoalaBrain data folder while doing this- it contains all of your stuff!
- On Windows and Ubuntu/Mint, download and run the latest KoalaBrain installer
- If on Mac OS, download the latest dmg image, open it, and drag the new KoalaBrain app into the Applications folder
- Re-Open the application. If there are any database updates required, you will be prompted and should allow them to run. When these are done the upgrade is complete.
- If you have any other terminals, be sure to upgrade them as well so that all connected instances of KoalaBrain are at the same version.